- How to Stop Schools That Prey on Veterans
The New York Times
March 30, 2021
- Goodbye to Betsy DeVos, who survived by accomplishing almost nothing
The Los Angeles Times
December 9, 2020
- Why is it so hard for Betsy DeVos to provide debt relief and loan forgiveness to students?
The Los Angeles Times
January 2, 2020
- Coalition Welcomes Department of Education’s Third-Party Servicer Guidance
- Understanding State Authorization, Reciprocity, and NC-SARA to Protect Distance Education Students
- Letter to the 118th Congress
- Coalition Letter on Pell Eligibility for Students Who Are Incarcerated, Implementing 90/10 Loophole Regulations, and Regulating Institutional Changes in Ownership
- Over a Dozen Organizations and Over 300 Signers Urge Education Department to Implement a Strong Borrower Defense Rule
While spring cleaning my home office, Mike says, “Why are you keeping all those #negreg binders from rulemakings that happened years ago?!” I explain because @usedgov regulates on the same damn topics every few years so they’re helpful. #groundhogsday
@PaulaDee63 Enrollment’s down 8 % . This isn’t going the way colleges hoped when they sat down for #negreg
The Department of Education Announces Public Hearings on Higher Education Rulemaking
@usedgov will hold public hearings Apr 11-13. https://www.ed.gov/news/press-releases/department-education-announces-public-hearings-higher-education-rulemaking #highered #negreg #edpollicy #onlinelerning #thirdpartyservicers #distanceeducation
@JStein_WaPo I would like to see him work as hard personally to either #CancelAllStudentDebt or push 4 restoration of the bankruptcy protections he was instrumental n having removed.They need some common sense. #negreg isn’t that.Lets all the wrong ppl n2 the process who don’t want it to end
Tonight at 6 p.m.! Get the story on #OPMs, #GainfulEmployment, #IncomeDrivenRepayment, #NegReg, #Accreditation, and more in #HigherEd.
See details below 👇
Are you joining us tonight for #WineWithWonks?
We can't wait to see you!
Check out our wonk lineup 🔥
Jared Bass @CAPHigherEd
Jessica Taketa @Arnold_Ventures
Education Department Announces Use of Secret Shoppers to Protect Student Against Unscrupulous Institutions http://ow.ly/FnVi50NreHL via @usedgov An important step in the effort to #defendstudents against predatory institutions https://bit.ly/3yxBkEi
“The findings of this study are deeply alarming," said @nataliaabrams @DebtCrisisOrg. “We call on policymakers to take every step necessary to #ProtectBorrowers, including extending the payment pause and canceling debt.” #CancelStudentDebt #DefendStudents
RELEASE: #BeyondStudentDebt Report Reveals Student Loan Borrowers Struggling to Meet Basic Needs
How Can the Education Department Build a List of Low-Value College Programs? http://ow.ly/vfpG50N5S3q via @HigherEdDive @NACAC, along with student and consumer organizations, believes that we have to #defendstudents from predatory institutions https://bit.ly/3yxBkEi
“Default is a financial disaster for student loan borrowers...The Court should reject efforts to interfere with this critical relief; relief that Congress authorized and @SecCardona deemed necessary.” @KyraTaylor2022 #DefendStudents 2/2 https://www.nclc.org/defending-student-loan-cancellation/
Debt-free futures! @Dreamdefenders #DefendStudents #CancelStudentDebt #ProtectBorrowers
People's Rally for Student Debt Cancellation #CancelStudentDebt https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1OyKAVojvVMGb