In a decision that will bring relief to tens of thousands of student loan borrowers, the Internal Revenue Service has expanded the pool of people who will not have to pay taxes on the balance of their forgiven loans.
- How to Stop Schools That Prey on Veterans
The New York Times
March 30, 2021
- Goodbye to Betsy DeVos, who survived by accomplishing almost nothing
The Los Angeles Times
December 9, 2020
- Why is it so hard for Betsy DeVos to provide debt relief and loan forgiveness to students?
The Los Angeles Times
January 2, 2020
- Coalition Letter on Pell Eligibility for Students Who Are Incarcerated, Implementing 90/10 Loophole Regulations, and Regulating Institutional Changes in Ownership
- Over a Dozen Organizations and Over 300 Signers Urge Education Department to Implement a Strong Borrower Defense Rule
- Coalition Letter Urging ED to Ensure Ban on Incentive Compensation is Being Followed by Colleges and OPMs
- Gainful Employment: Using Data to Examine Potential Effects of a High School Earnings Threshold
- Coalition Letter Urging Congress to Support the Levin Amendment to the America COMPETES Act
Stay up to date on the latest Neg Reg and Title IX news coming out of Washington and what it means to your institution and students.
Podcast/Show Notes 👉 https://bit.ly/che-113
#HigherEdPodcast #TitleIx #HigherEdNews #NegReg #NegotiatedRulemaking
Our Captain, Matthew Feehan, joins multi-award-winning broadcast journalist, @KevinPriceLive, to discuss Education Department’s stacked deck during Negotiated Rulemaking for Higher Education 2021-22 #negreg (click for audio) #studentveterans #ProtectGIBill #VetRegs #highered
Education Department’s Unholy Alliance With Registered Lobbyists http://dlvr.it/SXcyXg
Washington Update: Neg Reg 2022 Implications for Higher Education Policy - Changing Higher Ed Podcast with Guest Tom Netting.
Podcast/Show Notes 👉 https://bit.ly/che-111
#WashingtonUpdate #TomNetting #HigherEdNews #NegReg #NegotiatedRulemaking
Our comments reiterate many of the points that we submitted in a Legal Memorandum to @usedgov via #NegReg last spring.
Now is the time for @usedgov to truly protect both students and taxpayers.
@barkowitz @bethanylilly @YuPersis I know there were loads put forward but I'm still holding onto hope for a simple shorter time to forgiveness for more than what was included in the EO. #negreg #Optimist
ICYMI: Zovio Takes Steps to Dissolve, Aims to Sell Fullstack Academy for $55M http://ow.ly/B6gp50KQXzv via @HigherEdDive The end of one of the most notorious #4profit colleges that left a trail of damaged students and taxpayers. #DefendStudents https://bit.ly/3yxBkEi
Taxpayers are Owed More Than $1 Billion Related to the Student Loan Program -- But Not from Borrowers http://ow.ly/cNKK50KQOgZ via @MarketWatch #studentloans Those questioning the cost of student loan relief should consider this. #DefendStudents https://bit.ly/3yxBkEi
Arizona Shuts Down Aspen University Nursing Program http://ow.ly/vf4n50KQfr7 via @HigherEdDive Important to #defendstudents whose lives will be disrupted by this kind of failure https://bit.ly/3yxBkEi #4profit #highered
#4Profit Everest College Closed in 2013, but its Milwaukee Students Still Struggle to Complete Their Education and Find a Job http://ow.ly/R9cO50KOx68 via @js_newswatch *This* is why we need to #defendstudents from predatory colleges https://bit.ly/3yxBkEi
Student Enrollment Declines at Colleges Placed on Probation https://theconversation.com/student-enrollment-falls-at-colleges-and-universities-that-are-placed-on-probation-188710 via @ConversationUS @tophb The question of accrediting agency oversight is a critical element of student protections against fraud https://bit.ly/3yxBkEi #DefendStudents