- How to Stop Schools That Prey on Veterans
The New York Times
March 30, 2021
- Goodbye to Betsy DeVos, who survived by accomplishing almost nothing
The Los Angeles Times
December 9, 2020
- Why is it so hard for Betsy DeVos to provide debt relief and loan forgiveness to students?
The Los Angeles Times
January 2, 2020
- Letter to the Department of Education on the Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
- Letter to the Department of Education on the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSACHE)
- Letter to the Department of Education on the Western Association of Colleges and Schools, Senior College and University Commission (WASCSR)
- Student Protections and the Value of a Gainful Employment Rule
- Accountability That Works: Restoring Gainful Employment and Strengthening Higher Education Accountability Measures
The #negreg Institutional & Programmatic Eligibility Committee finished preliminary discussions on all 7 issue papers it was tasked with reviewing, though consensus on pressing topics like gainful employment & 90/10 throughout the week was scarce
#negreg will make you shake your head in disbelief.Colleges get a huge say too & they r about the $$ @StudentLoanJus1 #AdamLooney & #Beth Akers from AEI are mentioned here @Progress4TheWin
Who Gets to Be an Expert on Student Loans? | The New Republic https://newrepublic.com/article/165109/student-loan-forgiveness-experts
With #negreg happening now, I am curious has anyone recently modeled 90/10 if applied to all colleges?
How does the model and pass rate change if Pell were doubled?
Looking to my smart research and economist friends for help.
On Friday #NegReg wrapped up their conversations covering certification procedures and the 90/10 rule https://bit.ly/3rHh68R
Happy Monday! Updated drafts of the four proposals that reached consensus during fall #negreg are now available online. I'll post the direct links in the thread. 1/6 https://www2.ed.gov/policy/highered/reg/hearulemaking/2021/index.html
#4profit colleges charge on average more than 4x the tuition of their community-college counterparts, which often means students have to take out increased debt. No wonder #4profits don’t want #gainfulemployment rules. #negreg #defendstudents
New op-ed with @kgsouthern, reminding you that student demographics are not the reason why #4profits fail #gainfulemployment. Rather, these colleges are failing their students. #negreg https://www.chronicle.com/article/for-profit-colleges-are-not-allies-of-hbcus
#GainfulEmployment is on the table this week at #NegReg. @TICAS_org explains why students need this rule: https://ticas.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Why-Students-Need-a-Strong-Gainful-Employment-Rule.pdf #defendstudents
Read more about the top five goals for #negreg in 2022: https://www.arnoldventures.org/stories/top-five-goals-for-the-department-of-educations-2022-negotiated-rulemaking #defendstudents (/6)
Students deserve better than to have programs putting them into unmanageable debt. Taxpayers deserve better too. We need these baseline protections in place. #negreg #defendstudents (5/)