Twenty-two organizations that work on higher education accountability, and advocate for students, military service members and veterans, low-income consumers, educators, college administrators, and educational equity urge Secretary Cardona to immediately address borrower defense claims.
- How to Stop Schools That Prey on Veterans
The New York Times
March 30, 2021
- Goodbye to Betsy DeVos, who survived by accomplishing almost nothing
The Los Angeles Times
December 9, 2020
- Why is it so hard for Betsy DeVos to provide debt relief and loan forgiveness to students?
The Los Angeles Times
January 2, 2020
- Coalition Letter to Education Secretary Cardona
- Coalition Letter from 22 Groups Urging Secretary Cardona to Immediately Address Borrower Defense Claims
- No More Corinthians: Why Students Need a Strong Borrower Defense Rule
- Why Students Need a Strong Gainful Employment Rule
- Coalition letter from 53 organizations to the 117th Congress
Today, more than 2 dozen student #veterans are meeting with 38 Congressional offices to share their stories about how predatory colleges ripped off their #GIBill. Their voices will be heard!
We're SO EXCITED to kick off our 2021 Virtual Hill Day! More than 2 dozen veterans have joined us online to share their stories today!! #Veterans #GIbill
.@usedgov Announces Richard Cordray as Chief Operating Officer at Federal Student Aid http://ow.ly/fwod50EFg7b Good news for students and taxpayers. For more, see @NACAC and allied organizations https://bit.ly/3vH40Zx #DefendStudents
#GoodRead via @TCFdotorg: "Insiders Win and Students Lose When #4Profit Colleges Convert to Non-Profit" http://ow.ly/xS4C50EC3Br More on how to #DefendStudents against unscrupulous institutions from @NACAC and allied orgs http://ow.ly/hD7G50EC3Bs
We are excited and proud to support @richcordray as the next head of @usedgov Federal Student Aid! There is much to be done to #defendstudents and no better choice to lead the effort to do so. Our 100 Day Docket is a start!
The latest on #4profit college conversions to non-profit status http://ow.ly/IbTm50EzLiP via @HigherEdDive @NACAC has endorsed a bill by @RepLucyMcBath to better regulate these conversions to protect against fraud and abuse https://bit.ly/3sWIRIZ #DefendStudents @SACAC_Info