Protect Students and Taxpayers
Protect Students & Taxpayers offers a collection of resources produced by organizations working on behalf of students, veterans, faculty and staff, civil rights advocates, researchers, and others concerned about career education programs that leave students with debts they cannot afford. Predatory schools leave students with unfair and unaffordable student loan debt and leave taxpayers exposed when students cannot repay those debts. Many predatory schools are heavily dependent on taxpayer funding and target veterans in particular for their GI Bill funds.
We support common-sense accountability to ensure that all students are able to access an education that improves their lives, students who are cheated by colleges are able to fairly cancel student loan debt, and that taxpayer dollars are not wasted on programs that offer little value to students but leave them with debt they cannot afford to repay.
- FAQ: Borrower Defense Application and Process
- Memo on Senate Vote on Student Loan Borrower Defense Rules
March 11, 2020
- Guide to Extended Closed School Loan Relief for Dream Center Students
February 17, 2020
- AFT v. DeVos
January 22, 2020
- House Slaps Down DeVos Policy on Student Debt
January 17, 2019
- Defrauded Students Left Holding the Bag Under Final “Borrower Defense” Rule
- Dear Colleges: Take Control of Your Online Courses
- Gainful Employment: A Civil Rights Perspective